Ask Wayne Hsiung and other organizers why they are deserting Brad
- Brad Johnson rescued 42 pigs at a Smithfield Pig Farm and Wayne Hsiung/Bonnie Klapper reached out to offer support
- DxE created a fundraiser for Brad so he could get back on his feet. DxE raised $18k.
- Brad came out to California to support DxE, with Wayne’s promise that he would have full legal support. Brad hoped that the case would yield a Right to Rescue law.
- Wayne knew that once Brad aligned with DxE, his family, friends and entire community would turn against Brad. Brad trusted DxE to basically protect him and his family.
- DxE made him sign a contract that allowed him to receive just $200 a week as a stipend for doing animal rights work
- The fundraiser was misleading. Although he got some initial needs met from the fundraiser, the $200 a week did not help him get back on his feet as promised.
- Jon Frohnmayer was assigned to help Brad do weekly 8 hours of activism in order to earn the stipend. Brad contacted Jon, and never heard back.
- When Brad returned to North Carolina after bonding and touring with Wayne and other organizers, Bonnie Klapper, attorney, was Brad’s only contact.
- Bonnie Klapper says she paid $2000 out of her own pocket to pay for a lawyer, Jessie Scharf
- Jessie says that he did the case pro bono, and that $2000 is in an account that was to be used for something else besides paying him.
- Jessie says he is leaving North Carolina and his career, and cannot take Brad’s case.
- Bonnie Kapper slanders Brad publicly on Facebook.
- Bonnie says that Brad should use funds that were supposed to help him get back on his feet–for his legal fees.
- DxE is dropping all legal support for Brad. DxE has totally let Brad down.
- Even though DxE says on a petition that Brad’s case is groundbreaking, DxE will not say why they are giving up on this case.
I have screenshots of communications between Attorney Bonnie Klapper and Brad that prove my allegations. If I am wrong, I risk being sued by DxE, an organization which has plenty of lawyers who can easily come after me. I have evidence which I will continue to publish on my blog. I am not afraid.
I have repeatedly asked the core and other organizers to work with me so that I don’t need to continue posting on this blog. I have received zero responses to my emails. I hope that DxE leaders will admit their mistakes and make amends.
Patricia Mikkelson, Whistle Blower